Mountain View First Assembly Beliefs
At The Dome Church, you will find a group of imperfect people. It is through Jesus Christ that we are made whole and washed clean of our sins. We are all sinners in need of God’s grace. We are a compassionate and spiritual group of believers who will accept you with open, loving arms and show you just how much God loves you.
We are a church committed to the development of the three-fold vision to enrich the lives of each attendee:
Faith – Understanding the incredible, timeless doctrines of the Bible as given to us for the expressed purpose of knowing and serving God better in a spirit-filled and joyously refreshing manner.
Family – Recognizing God’s plan for the home to be the bedrock of society, protecting it from the ravages of contemporary thought, and helping those without to find one here.
Focus – Determining to be an outward-focused congregation that intentionally seeks to represent Christ to the world through the balance of Worship, Instruction, Fellowship, Evangelism, and Service.
Our mission is to know God, and to make Him known.
Universal Non-Negotiable Values
Every person is valued and is the focus of our ministry. Every person is unique, valuable and unconditionally loved by God:
- Every person was created to GLORIFY God who alone is worthy of worship.
- Every person has the RIGHT to a presentation of the gospel at his or her own level of understanding.
- Every person needs a biblical MORAL COMPASS to guide and protect him through life.
- Every believer has unique GIFTS to be developed and used to strengthen the church.
- Every believer has a PURPOSE in advancing the global mission of the church of Jesus Christ.
Distinct Non-Negotiable Values
We believe in certain values that characterize our ministry:
- We believe PRAYER is the most important ministry of the church. Through prayer, all other ministry is energized.
- We believe that EVANGELIZING the lost is the most important MISSION of the church. Our church should grow through evangelism, assimilation and discipleship, not just transfer growth.
- We believe that the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ around the world, through MISSIONS, is a vital priority of the local church.
- We believe the key dynamic to life in the church is the HOLY SPIRIT, and we desire His fellowship, leadership, anointing, gifts and manifestations.
- We believe the Bible is the FOUNDATION for all activities in the church and is our standard for faith and practice.
- We believe Christ-like COMPASSION is the mark of the believer and is expressed in loving relationships with other Christians and compassionate outreach to the lost and hurting.
- We believe every follower of Christ should be committed to GROW in Christ-like character and wholeness.
- We believe FAMILIES are important to God and deserve the protection, biblical instruction, and healing provided by God’s Word.
- We believe anointed biblical TEACHING, with practical APPLICATION, is the catalyst for transformation in individual’s lives and in the church.
- We believe our ministry should be culturally RELEVANT, doctrinally PURE and biblically UNCOMPROMISING.
- We believe life change, happens best through RELATIONSHIP-ORIENTED ministries like small groups and Sunday school.
- We believe both individuals and the church are responsible to honor God through stewardship of their TIME, GIFTS, CALLING and
- We believe EXCELLENCE, honors God and inspires people.
AG 16 Fundamental Truths:
WE BELIEVE – The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
WE BELIEVE – There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
WE BELIEVE – In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
WE BELIEVE – though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
WE BELIEVE – Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE – and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
WE BELIEVE – The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE – The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
WE BELIEVE – Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
WE BELIEVE – The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
WE BELIEVE – A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
WE BELIEVE – Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE – in The Blessed Hope – When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
WE BELIEVE – in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
WE BELIEVE – A Final Judgement Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
WE BELIEVE – and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’